#CITC15 Rookie Season - Gift Reveal

So as the title reads, this is my rookie Christmas In The Country - #CITC15! I had a blast doing this and made some friends over social media in the process. So as the details of the exchange state, investigate your person on social media and get them something with meaning. If anyone has looked at any of my social media accounts - especially Pinterest - it should not be hard at all to figure me out. My secret Santa was Leann Martin. Leann's blog is called The Purple Martin and although I have never met Leann - I think we would get a long just fine. She loves a good road trip and rodeo. She's also an everyday advocate for agriculture, just like me. Recently, The Pioneer Woman came out with a line of kitchen STUFF. I love it, but really don't have any need to go buy all new pots and dishes. I can remember seeing some of the products online and in Walmart. The pieces that caught my eye were the depression glass looking dishes. My Grandma Alice collects depression glass and has given my sister and I several pieces. When I saw these, I fell in love and tried to think of uses for them - or at least a way to justify buying several. :)





Isn't that just the cutest little dish ever?  Leann had it full of Hershey's Kisses.  Oh yes she did - ha! She also sent me a bar of Shoo-Fly Soap Company's Honeysuckle & Vanilla.  Aaaahhhh!  It smells like heaven.  I love handmade soaps.  Ironic because I sent my partner, Jess Tracey, some handmade soap goodies from my friend Erica of The Dirty Goat!   They, too, are AMAZING.  As you can tell, Leann knocked it out of the park.  I love the dish, I love chocolate and I love handmade soaps! Win, win.  

As I mentioned above, I had the pleasure of shopping for Jess.  She is an ag teacher from Ohio and I debated whether or not to focus on her sense of style per her Pinterest page or her passion for teaching ag.  I decided to go the FFA route and buy her a bangle bracelet with an owl and inital "J" charm.  I almost bought one for myself!!  I also sent her some handmade soaps/scrubs (duh!) and an owl Wallflower with Spiced Cider scent.  I mean, you are usually pretty safe when gifting owl things to an ag teacher.  Mission accomplished.  I got a surprise thank you gift from Jess in the mail the other day - she knows me well apparently;  she sent me one of her FFA chapter's T-shirts.  #winning



I really, really enjoyed my first Christmas In The Country exchange and I really look forward to the next one!  Thank you a hundred times to the organizers of this lovely "event".....Laurie at Country LINKed, Jamie at This Uncharted Rhoade, Kirby at 15009 Farmhouse and Lara at My Other More Exciting Self.  Ya'll knocked it out of the park :) 



Christmas in the Country 2015





Labels: , , , , , ,